Denver, CO — April 2023 — ShowLabs, a revolutionary visual commerce solution, today announced the expansion of its leadership team with the hiring of Aaron Steele as Post-production Manager, Adrian Busse as Senior Client Success Manager, Luis Melendez as Lead Photographer, and Taylor Michalski as Prep Stylist. The latest additions to the team bring deep industry and technical experience as the company looks to accelerate its visual content studio offerings and customer success.
This expansion follows a successful 2021 launch, 287% YoY growth in 2022, and a series seed funding round of $3.2 million. With a bullish growth strategy, one critical area of focus has been on adding experienced team members to drive the company forward. The latest additions to the team include:
- Aaron Steele, Post-production Manager – Steele brings more than 10 years of experience in post-production and asset management practices including his role as Post-Production Manager at CreativeDrive. With ShowLabs focused on improving and automating it’s processing and publishing systems, along with addressing the ever-growing landscape of asset variations, Steele’s years of expertise will be used to both improve asset quality as well as take quality control to the next level.
- Adrian Busse, Senior Client Success Manager – With 15+ years of visual content and photography experience, Busse most recently was in charge of content operations, strategy, and management for Evo. In the Senior Client Success Manager role, Busse will draw on her experience to drive customer growth and success. She will be responsible for strategy and execution in the core areas of customer support and education, onboarding, retention and renewals, customer advocacy, and customer relationship management.
- Luis Melendez, Lead Photographer – Melendez came to ShowLabs with 10+ years of extensive experience in ecommerce studio photography and automated robotic photo systems. Melendez worked at Fanatics where he gained 7+ years of visual content experience specialized around athletic apparel. The addition of Melendez to the ShowLabs team expands visual content solutions across a broader range of product types while also providing accountable leadership to its team of on-staff photographers.
- Taylor Michalski, Prep stylist – Michalski was brought on to help develop, grow and scale ShowLabs’ production capabilities. Responsible for working with Creative Leads and the Styling Team to facilitate planning and ensure efficiency in daily shot counts, she will also prepare samples for each studio system and imaging type, maintain and stock styling stations, maintain brand continuity and guidelines, and prioritize and organize workloads to work in tandem with multiple on-going production schedules. Michalski holds a B.S. in Fashion and Textile Technology – Apparel Design and most recently provided her breadth of knowledge for Nordstrom.
The visual commerce solution startup has tracked impressive growth over the past year including the following noteworthy milestones:
- Announced $3.2 million in Series Seed funding led by FirstMile Ventures, with additional participation from seed investors Stout Street Capital. This funding follows a very successful 2021 launch and a 287% YoY growth in 2022.
- Achieved new customer wins with marquis brands such as The North Face, Outdoor Research, Royal Robbins, Spyder, Obermeyer, Simms Fishing, Topo Designs, 686, and many more.
- Doubled the number of employees with key hires from Evo, Fanatics, CreativeDrive, and Starz Network, to accelerate their commitment towards building an industry-leading visual content studio and AI-powered software platform.
“As ShowLabs wrapped up our first full year in the market, it was exciting to see how far we’ve already come,” said Danny Effron, CEO and founder of ShowLabs. “Attracting this level of talent and growing a team, customer base, and ecosystem at this rate is something the industry is paying attention to, and I’m excited to be a part of this journey.”
With funding locked and new customers onboarding, ShowLabs intends to continue expanding its staff over the next 60-90 days. Below are a handful of positions that are currently being recruited:
- Head of Software Engineering
- Account Manager
- Lead Ecommerce Stylist
- Sales & Marketing Manager
- Studio Assistant
- Software Engineer
- Technical Project Manager
Founded in April 2021, ShowLabs is a revolutionary visual commerce solution, providing brands with both an innovative visual content studio, capable of producing high-quality visual assets at neck-breaking speeds, and an AI-powered software platform, capable of manipulating, managing and distributing those assets across the entire digital and virtual ecommerce ecosystem. ShowLabs’ solutions solve the content production bottlenecks most brands face within their digital asset supply chains. Customers benefit from increased productivity, high volume asset creation, a full-spectrum of innovative content types, and deployment productivity and insights. Based in Denver, Colorado, ShowLabs supports customers worldwide. Learn more at https://showlabs.com.